Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Five years ago today, I had surgery to remove the (to quote my surgeon), "biggest motherfuckin' tumor I've ever seen on a thyroid".
Five years ago, with that operation, I went from a person with cancer to a person in remission.  Five is the magic number everyone with cancer looks toward--it says you've beat odds, it says you can breathe again, it says you've come out the other side, and the world is even brighter. 
Five years is more than I thought I'd have....I was so scared. But, I don't usually do what I'm told to do, so, I gave cancer the same treatment--refusal to submit. It changed my life. I moved to New York, found friends and adventure, and I may be broke, but, I don't regret anything.

Thank you all for being with me during these five years, and, thanks to Matt Neves who held my hand, and Joshua Stavros--who joined Matt in prayer over me. I felt that power, and held on to it's goodness.

Five years. Well done, me.

8 comments:

Harriet said...

Well done indeed!

We would have missed a wonderful friend if anyone had messed up.

vinny said...

I recall seeing this on your fb as well. Very happy to hear of this quin =)

Peter Varvel said...

Yes, well done! I am grateful to call you friend - and to still have you around for lifelong hugs, both virtual and real.

Cormac Brown said...

Bravo, Quin the Conqueror!

Usemeplz said...

Congratulations! It was amazing period for u!

austere said...

Congratulations.
I'm so proud of you.

And I'm proud to be knowing you.

Salaam!

Thiyagaraja27 said...

Just came across your blog!
Check out mine!

http://moviemaverickreviews.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog, I think you are is creative, if you have a spare time look at me too at alexander technique exercises I am happy to share with you and hope to become your friends