Friday, March 30, 2007

The Ides of March...Pre and Post

Almost a month here.

In that month, I've discovered/had happen/realised;

  • arrived with no idea if I had a job or not
  • found out what a fifth floor walk up really was...I never want to see one again
  • was blessed with a good boss
  • was in an internet film, I'm still coughing from all those cigarettes
  • lost 14 lbs
  • discovered each station has it's own set of music makers, the best still being the sparerib man
  • craigslist and it's plethora of apartment listings, including the one who keeps asking for a woman to walk around naked a few times a month in exchange for free rent. He'd pay me not to walk around naked
  • Tribeca
  • the dogs, and with them, great biceps
  • walking onto the Law and Order set at the vets, because we needed dog food. Jesse Whatshisname was very nice and held them while I picked up what we needed. The whole crew was nice. The director was nice. They all said good-bye, and went back to their shoot.
  • the crazy man who shouts for me to wear a collar. I think he's flirting.. I'm not sure
  • emotionally eviscerating myself... and not regretting it
  • staying off Google
  • Canal Street
  • Manhattan men
  • a film in Brooklyn that took forever because the principle actor couldn't say his lines. It was still fun.
  • finishing classes on script supervision...okay, officially it's finished on Sunday, but, that will be April, and I want this journal entry done.
  • another film tonight
  • stage managing a play, The Checkerboard Chronicles, which is also seen on Public Access TV, for TSI Theater on E.24. We open May 4 & 5. Be there.
  • finding a new apartment, in a wonderful, serendipitous way....one with an elevator.
  • new cowboy boots. woot.
  • new online journals to read, new books to buy, new acquaintances that may become friends
  • having the gut pain of missing Mrs. S and the sister wife lessen, making plans to fly back to can in the fall helped.
  • finding out my boy will be gone for nine months to a place no child should have to go
The Spring is ahead of me, the Winter behind, I hope for more to happen, more scents and tastes and sights. I've Central Park to fully explore, Museums to visit, plays still to see....

Life is good. Sad at times, but, on the whole, I'm content and waiting to see what happens next...