Saturday, September 6, 2014

I Remember This Place!

I lied.

I said in April, I'd start blogging again....and, I didn't.

I started this blog, formerly known as FMD, to let my friends and family I left behind, how I was doing after making the decision to move to New York, following my bout with cancer.  I wanted to write. I wanted new things. I wanted to make a world where the eight million who live in the City and boroughs weren't scary unknowns, but, simply people I hadn't met yet. I wanted to meet other writers, to be published, to explore.

And, I did.

Since then, my life has been slightly chaotic, I've moved so many times, a friend has an extra piece of paper with all my addresses written on it stapled to my page in her address book.  I kept my old friends, made new ones who are just as dear, traveled, been institutionalized, stopped writing, became a Nana and moved, yet again.

A friend, after reading my lengthy FB post yesterday said, "It's time for you to start blogging again.".

She is, once again, correct. Now, if I can just manage blogging on the iPad, I may get this going properly. Otherwise, my trusty 2007 Mac is pulled out from under the bed, the power cord is once more black taped to the body and I use it's trusty self to help me along.

I thought of censoring some things, of blocking some people from reading, however, except for the name, I've stayed true to my life in this place...why change now.

And, we're off!

No comments: