- There is a woman who sits outside the local coffee shop every morning. She keeps a mound of cigarette butts, carefully picking them apart, shredding the tobacco, taking out the burned edges, then mixing the remains on a paper plate. Then, she carefully places equal parts into already torn out pieces of the local paper, rolling it up, and twisting the edges, forming her own home made cigarette. She lights one, smoking it and staring out over the mountain range to the east. I have to wonder if the section she's used colours the taste.... does she smile more when she's used the funny papers? Will she be more opinionated if she's used the editorial section? Is she morose when she's reached the obituaries?
- The wind blowing through the elm and apple trees is cool when we've had a storm the night before. I like to sit on my porch steps in the backyard, watching out to the western range, 75 miles out. There is nothing to block my view, and when the sun sets, it balances on the edge of the sharp peaks that are a deep violet against the pale blue sky. Deep fire red, with white, white clouds actually edged in gold around it... there, and gone, missed if you blink. Behind are the clouds going salmon, the palest ivory, to yellow, and on to twilight. One single light sits far out on the valley, one house. No idea who lives there, nor will I find out, but, I hope his cell service is better than mine.
- I have to change my cell carrier to Verizon, three months after AT&T. Bye, bye iPhone hopes. Bastards.
- Tearing a rotator cuff sucks.
- Learning to live in one room is a good thing.
- I have an addiction to limeade and Sprite Zero. And something called Cabbage stuffed with wasabi and shrimp and chicken. Go figure.
- Meowing in the Wal-Mart parking lot always leads to a good thing. Years ago, it gave our family Vincent. He was a good cat, and I don't like cats. Now, I have a new kitten, who is either black with silver stripes or silver with black stripes. Her name was, "Cat, where in the hell are you?", then, Cat, now, it's Sophie. She went from a pound to over two, and is teething. This means she eats the edges of books, my fingers, my ears and she's tried to nurse. This wasn't fun, especially since I was asleep at the time. She has proved my theory about animals eating you, though... when I'm going to sleep, she licks my eyelids. See? I TOLD you they eat your eyes first.
- Breasts are never comfortable for the person lying on them. When out with Mrs Neebes, her daughter, Ada, was leaning on mine as she lay against me. Finding them not to her liking (she's 3), she moved away, took both hands, fluffed them up to make a good high cleavage, then lay on them again, sighed and closed her eyes.
- Aaron Eckhart can't act. Not without LaBute at the helm. Sorry, Aaron.
- I am going to have to give in and get the internet.
- Peter and I are going to do our Amazing Race video in September. Booya!
- Go here, and help, please.
Now, I have a zillion blogs to read. I've missed so much.... and you remain far more interesting than I. I'd LOVE to read Therapeutic Ramblings... but.... *discreet cough*