Wednesday, March 7, 2007

In Which I Become An Actor

Yesterday, following an intense audition... okay, it wasn't that intense, I could do Russian dialect and smoke without coughing...I was cast in my first film.

woot.

I played Olga, a crafty, slightly insane (no, this was not typecasting) ex KGB agent who is rejecting her former trainee in favour of chess.

I had one line, and I was allowed to improvise as much as I wanted. heh.

I've gone from one line and two scenes...with me dead at the end of the last one...to them writing an entire back story for me to be filmed later.

It's an internet film, which I understand it the new rage. Backing has been received, it will be played in segments, there is NO way I put my real name on it.... and it was a hoot.

I had to smoke ten cigarettes, which had all of us coughing, never inhaled...nor did I wear a blue dress....it was that lazy Russian kind of smoke out the mouth kind of thing. The props were cheap, the dog behaved, the crew was great.

Do they have internet film Oscars?

No comments: