Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Is In The Air

Today it felt like spring.

People were walking about in a daze. The air lured us to the outside. Come enjoy me, it said. Come see what it will be like in a few weeks... look at the ground..what do you see? Yes...yes....tulips! They are poking out of the ground! Well, most of them. One is under a juniper where I shoved it after the pit bull dug it up in a excited frenzy.

We won't mention that again, okay?

You can tell spring is coming, because the crazy people are coming out of the subways and seeing their shadows...and sitting in the parks to talk to you there.

Today, the crazy guy on the bench across from the pharmacy started yelling "Why don't you put a collar on bitch?? Yeah, let them dogs walk you, see how you feel!"

Now, one of these dogs has her own health insurance. She has had thousands spent on her. They are treated better than I treat myself. I buy them hot dogs every day, and mush one of those hot dogs up to hand feed it to the blind, toothless one.

I wouldn't mush up hot dogs for my own mother.

I might put a collar on her, but, I wouldn't mush up a hot dog.

They are walked, loved, they sleep on a bed with me, I coo to them, scratch them....they run me.

We went to the other side of the park, with the nice crazy lady who sits downstairs at the Canal A station, and chatted with her for a bit. I brought her a hot dog with mustard the way she likes it. She cooed over the dogs, we talked about the rays from the sun that fry your brain, and then, after a bit, she left.

It was time to head back.... no way to get around it... Crazy Man had to be walked past. He started up again.

"BITCH... I'M TALKING TO YOU, BITCH IN THE GREY SHIRT!"

I didn't think he'd really care if I pointed out it was sage green.

'BITCH, PUT A COLLAR ON YOU, YOU LET THEM DOGS WALK YOU, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT, FANCY ASS BITCH!"

Let me point out, my ass isn't fancy. It is your average ass, nothing to brag about. I think he meant I was rich or something. Shows what he knew.

"BITCH... DOGS SHOULD WALK YOU! GET A COLLAR!"

At this point, I noticed the pit bull sniffing his cart, then lifting his leg and taking a long pee.

I said, "I'll think about it... maybe something in a nice black leather?" The dog finished, I gave a pull on his leash, and we all left, with the words floating on the air behind me... "LOOK WHAT THAT FUCKING DOG DONE!! BITTTTTTTTTTCH!!!!!!!"

I love that dog.

No comments: