Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Three Word Wednesday~Ache, Suffer, Difference

Cellophane


It makes no difference what arrangements were made, how you viewed us compared to how I viewed us... I do not suffer any less for that. Two beings came into each others lives and settled there, seeking warmth, comfort...seeking the belonging all humans desire. I offered all that I was, opened handed, fearful, brave in the attempt. In the dark, sex-scented night, I told my secrets and cherished yours. You took, grew strong in the safety of my love, finding your feet, your confidence once more. Abruptly, there is another, whose presence opens my eyes, letting me discover you are so selfish, so absorbed in your needs and wants... I find I never had a name or a niche in your life.

I. Did not. Exist.

Knowledge that left me stunned, puzzled, struggling with my new label of 'non-entity'. I ache at night... body, mind, heart, soul...annihilated by the question no one ever answers satisfactorily in any situation:

Why?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why? Because... Doesn't hurt any less, though.

The link thingy:

The Title of What You're Posting

the url is the http:// and everything following - in your address bar. Just cut and paste it between the quotation marks, and then double check that the marks are still there. if not, put them back. All the other marks and letters, are tags known asHTML code, to let your computer know what you're doing - you can't do it without them. HTML means hypertext markup language - but that's just trivia.

good luck.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, the site deciphered something that wasn't meant. I'll send you an email.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Why is it that the angst in our lives lead to stories that are so powerful and compelling?

poefusion said...

Hello Quin~ thanks for your comments at Poefusion.

I would love to know the answer to Why? myself sometimes. But, we don't always get that answer. I'm sorry for your trials. Hope all picks up. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I can feel the emotion and pain in this one. Very nicely done.

Tumblewords: said...

The why is rarely answered - nice post!

Peter Varvel said...

The why is the permanent scar tissue and perpetual crack in our hearts that we may very well have to live with until the day we die.
That's the only way I've been able to understand it, to however little degree, as well as embrace it and accept it.
Curse it at first, feel exhausted from it later, and relax in the acceptance of it . . . eventually?

Anonymous said...

This was so very intense, raw and well written - I loved the intimacy of it! Thank you for sharing it!

quin browne said...

thank you all... the best compliment you can get writing fiction is for people to think it's fact...

woot.

Cormac Brown said...

Nothing is worse than one finding out that they were merely a foothold to someone climbing a mountain. You are doing a great job moving past this and it certainly is providing you with great material.

plain jane said...

Wow. Intense is right. Reading it made my heart hurt a little.

austere said...

awesome.

I had about got used to be number 999.

vinny said...

It's the two-million dollar question without an answer.

We never know in the end.

~willow~ said...

oh very very raw and heart-wrenching; I've been through similar and can so relate. very nicely done!

golfwidow said...

Just because it's fiction doesn't make it any less true. I don't think a single person who's read this hasn't Been There and Done That.

Mine was a rat bastard and I laughed my arse off when she left him.