- I've punctured the bed.... aka The Titanic. I'm now accustomed to awakening half way, and hitting the pump me up button.
- I've applied for a number of gigs... and have landed two. Non pay of course. One starts tomorrow, and the film shoot begins Saturday, which will take the edge off missing all I wanted to see at the New Yorker Festival. No Annie Proulx, no Paul Theroux, no Kite Runner, no Jeffery Eugenides, no Steve Martin, no Neil LaBute, no Eugene Levy. No lectures, no films, no book signings.
- I've not seen the WeatherGuy. I arrived on Tuesday, he left the country the next day. He is home soon, and, I see him after that. I look forward to that. Yes, indeed. Text messages and daily phone calls don't quite cut it sometimes.
- I've managed to distance a friend. Perhaps we'll mend fences, perhaps not. I'm in hopes of the former. We both tend to hear but not listen... and we communicate by text, something I'm not very good with when it comes to important issues.
- I've learned the Ferry schedule, and have again purchased my monthly MTA pass. woot.
- I discovered when you buy new pots and pans, you have to check and remove paper from the bottom of the pan before you put it on a gas flame. Who knew?
- I'm writing quite a bit. This is good. Interestingly enough, I couldn't thing amidst the silence that screamed at me in the Land O'Utes. Orion I miss here... but, I like the energy. I can't suck it in all the time, I will need to go somewhere and let go... but, for now? I'm making up time.
- Catching up on people and things.
- Working on an odd website.... details later.
Life is good. It always is. Remember in text, read twice... then again. Then, let your answer sit and mellow before you hit send.
Yeah. Advice I should follow sometime.