Friday, April 13, 2007

Dates and Friends

I went on a date.

Yes, me. A real life date. With a living male type person. Straight, male, living, attractive person.

And, I had a good time.

I'm as shocked as anyone....especially over the having a good time. In fact, I didn't even notice people or things on the train there or back... how's THAT?

Dash home, change, curb the dog, and out.

Drinks at a pleasant bar called Brendan's on 35th, with a note to myself to make sure I have more than coffee all day next time I go out for drinks. Plans are made for a later time to get together... although I eschew food...that whole eating in public phobia I share with my son. I'm thinking film...I can do popcorn, no one sees you eating it....simple, easy and enjoyable.

A simple hug and that was that.

Not my dreams, however.... comfortable. Someone who is content in my company. Nice.

I'll learn.

Home...and the roommate calls to say come over to the local pub...there is something to be found in walking in some place, and have people know your name. It's like being Norm without the suit or the never seen wife.

Just home....with the realisation I have to be up in a few hours. I had a great time tonight. I have laughed and laughed and talked with good people and flirted and played Jenga and talked some more.

A good day. A lovely day.

1 comment:

Triple M said...

Aw, that is all so good!
SOOOO GOOD!!!