Monday, May 7, 2007

Green, Green Grass

Now, I love New York. I do. However, being here in LA has been great in it's own way. I lie outside in the hammock under the huge trees in my brother's backyard, enjoying the spring breezes and the smell of everything in bloom. I miss green.

Last week, on my way to dress rehearsal, I passed a vendor selling lilacs, and cried...my house in the land of Utes has a back garden that is surrounded by eight foot tall lilac bushes, which should be blooming right about now... at night, the scent would drift in my room, letting me know summer was on the way. I'd sit on my back deck, or lie in the grass, watching Orion make his appearance low in the sky, another offering of the season to come.

In New York, the only stars I see were during Tribeca, or the occasional ones walking about in the Village.

I had real food last night... real food, the kind you cook yourself. My brother is the grill king, creating sauces for meat, seafood and veggies, and we had all three. The last thing I remember before everything went black and dreamland hit was all of us making fun of Sly Stalone's face in Rocky Balboa.

Some people should understand face lifts don't mean you pull all loose skin back into a tight little knot under your hair. He was scary.

Today will be spent doing....nothing. I may wander down to WalMart for old times sake, trying to remember how to drive a car... here in LA, I'm often told by other drivers that I'm #1 in their book. I will buy some books, pick up cheap jeans and prepare for my return to my end of the country.

Or, I'll just sleep in the hammock and rouse myself for dinner tonight. I think we're having ribs.

Food is always a good thing.

No comments: